Saturday, May 12, 2012

Jehovah Jireh



God has been at work! 

Just yesterday, the last $19.40 needed for the missions trip to England was promised and will be mailed soon. In His time and through His ways, God provided all $3,000 needed for His trip!
It is hard to think that just 4 months ago I wondered if the money would ever come in. God has been so faithful!

Before we left school for the summer, we had one last team meeting to go over the details of our trip. Our leader took some time to give specs on our flights, ministries, and answer any questions we might have. My assignment for this trip is to co-lead game time for the Holiday Bible Club we are helping with. Because the 2012 Olympic Games will be in London about the same time we are in Luton, our games will reflect this. Another aspect of our trip that has me excited is the church we are serving in. Fellowship Baptist Church is a small church in Luton led by Pastor Stan Boelman. While the congregation is not large, the church family is truly unique. In the small group, there are about 5 different people groups present. Here is the link to the site Faith Baptist Church Being a person who LOVES church, the thought of having a church family half way across the world is exciting to me!

But for now, summer is here. As of today, there are only 9 weeks and 4 days until we board our plane for England. It seems so far away, and yet I know that I will go fast. And even though school ended just last week, God has been teaching me and preparing me for His ministry. Long before school let out, I committed my summer to my Father because I knew that I must serve Him in His strength. With thoughts of ministry on my heart, I began reading 2 Corinthians. Paul wrote at length about ministry. Whether he writes about afflictions, interruptions in plans, or ministry in general, he always brings the focus back to Christ.

Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but 
our sufficiency is from God,
who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, 
not of the letter but of the Spirit. 
For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2 Corinthians 3:5-6
For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay,
 to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.
2 Corinthians 4:5-7



Needless to say, I am enjoying studying 2 Corinthians! God has also been teaching me about prayer in these first few days of summer. I started reading a book called Prayer Force by Kenneth Spink. The writing is not "heavy" but the points he makes about prayer remind me that "we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it" (Hebrews 2:1). I am almost finished with it, and I hope to write a review for those who are curious about Mr. Spink's book. (If you would like to purchase is you can find it here 



Looking ahead to the next few weeks, I hope to spend much time in prayer for this trip. I would love for others to pray as well. Here are some specific requests:

1. Pray that each of our team members might grow closer to Christ during this summer.
2. Praise our Father for the ways that He has provided lessons and funds over the past 5 months.
3. Pray that as we travel for 9 hours on an airplane that we might lean heavily on our Father for strength and that we might have the endurance to start service right away. 
4. Pray that my team mate and I might find the right games to do during the Holiday Bible Club.

Thanks for reading friends!

Complete in Christ,
Tiffany 

We proclaim Him
admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, 
so that we may present every man 
complete in Christ.
 For this purpose also I labor, striving according to His power, 
which mightily works within me.

Colossians 1:28-29


No comments:

Post a Comment